2010-10-11

RikkiTikki!! @DeviantArt





I'm dedicating this post to an artist who doesn't get much-deserved attention for his gallery. Also because he is quickly becoming one of my favorite artists of all time--haha! Distinct action-vintage characters with a mysterious allure to each of their personalities, reminiscent to the golden age of cinema classic Casablanca--that's what I love and it's what he draws. I'm hoping he'll pump out a comic someday because I'm really interested in his simplistic (even almost european? secretly one of my goals to push my stuff into [haha]) style! Here's his gallery, above are some samples of his work. Amazing!

5 comments:

  1. thanks for the link Jess! his stuff is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd like rikkitikki! We have such similar taste and yet I draw nothing like either of you haha xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah I found rikkitikki by pure luck/chance. I decided to browse through the "recent deviations" gallery out of the blue, and typically I find nothing no matter how many pages i pore through. But he happened to post a deviation that same moment I decided to look! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link, he definitely deserves more exposure. His stuff looks gorgeous, so simple and elegant and even bad-ass in the last one. Really cool style. And like you said, its like, from that certain Golden era of cinema. I guess he's gonna make a comic someday, or so his journal suggests.

    ReplyDelete